Turbo Navigator 1.47 (last freeware version)
OS: Win NT4/2000/XP
Turbo Navigator is advanced, highly customisable file manager for Windows NT/2000/XP. It works as Windows Explorer but with one main difference: it uses two file panels, as in Symantec's Norton Commander, a well known commercial file manager for DOS and Windows.
- Full Drag and Drop capability;
- Built-in file viewer for text, RTF and binary files;
- System Tree View for both panels - able to mimic Windows Explorer.
- Advanced change attributes capability (recurse subdirectories, ability to change System attribute, ability to change Created/Modified/Accessed file time/date stamp);
- Copy speed display;
- Advanced filtering capability (in file panels and in basic operations like copy, move and delete);
- Built-in favourites for quick directory change;
- Ability to wipe the files from the disk so they can not be undeleted;
- Fully customisable colours in the file panels;
- Built-in Media Player for quick preview of WAV, MID, MP3, AVI, MPG and other supported file formats without any need for opening separate applications;
- Very detailed, yet very simple user interface;
- Full Clipboard support including file name and file path copy;
- Built-in strong encryption capability for quick file encryption;
- Very advanced selection mechanism;
-Detailed directory info display with graph...
Home Page: n/a
Download Turbo Navigator v1.47 - Win 2000/XP/NT (923 kB)
Download Turbo Navigator v1.46 - Win 95/98/Me (842 kB)
Octopus 3.11 (last freeware version)
Octopus is an FTP and HTTP multi-threaded file downloader. Auto-retry, schedule, PASV mode, proxy, redirection, post processing of received files. One file, no install, no registry, no muss no fuss. NOTE: version 3.1 is adware, version 3.11 is adware-free.
Home Page: n/a
Download (318 kB)
Dialog Box AssistantDialog Box Assistant is a very simple program that becomes absolutely essential after you use it once or twice. This software adds two extra buttons to your Windows Open and Save dialog box. The left button shows you the list of most recently launched files. The right button shows you the list of most recently accessed folders. You can instantly launch a file or open a folder from the list without having to waste time browsing.
Home Page: http://www.win-utilities.com/dba/ (shareware)
Download (366 kB)
Textbox 2.3.1 (last freeware version)
The goal of textbox was to be a windows version of the DOS editor - a combination of Notepad and EDIT. Along the way, a lot of interesting and useful features were added that were present in neither.
Home Page: n/a
Download (102 kB)
WatchCat 2.0 (last freeware version)
OS: Win 95/98/Me/NT
WatchCat uses a menu to keep track of programs you are running, letting you hide any running application from view. Application windows that are hidden by WatchCat not only disappear from your Windows desktop but also disappear from the Taskbar and from the list of running tasks displayed by ALT-TAB. To hide or unhide any application, simply right-click on WatchCat's System Tray icon and select an application from the menu that appears; applications that appear on the bottom of the menu are ones that are currently hidden.
Developer: Vassili Bourdo
Download (147 kB)